We have made block reservations at several hotels through Nippon Travel. Please go to the dedicated site to book your room.
The hotels are almost fully booked, but on August 16 we have added 15 beds at the Nara Youth hostel, which is reasonably close. You may need to combine with other hotels if you plan to stay for the post-workshops. If you have problems finding accommodation, you can contact the travel agency at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can of course look for a room by yourself, but be careful that Nara Prefecture is large, so check the distance to the conference site (by public transportation). Osaka, particularly the area close to Namba, can also be a good choice as it is about 45mn by train to Kintetsu Nara.
Here is a short description of the hotels in the block reservation. Note that the block reservations are only available through the above link,
do not contact the hotels directly.
- Nara Youth Hostel: Six-bed dormitories; 7 minutes by bus to Kintetsu Nara, 35 mn direct walk to the conference site.
- Sun Hotel Nara: Single; 2 minute-walk from JR Nara Station-East Exit.
- Hotel Sunroute Nara: Single; 8 minutes walk from Kintetsu Nara Station.
- Hotel Asyl Nara: Single; 5 minute-walk from JR/Kintetsu Nara Station.
- Hotel Nikko Nara: Single or Twin; 1 minute walk from JR Nara Station-West Exit.
Conference Banquet will be held in this hotel.
- Hotel Fujita Nara: Single; 5 minute walk from JR/Kintetsu Nara Station.
- Nara Washington Hotel Plaza: Single; 5 minute-walk from JR Nara Station-East Exit.
- Hotel HALFTIME: Single; 1 minute from Shin’omiya station on Kintetsu Nara line or 13 minutes from JR Nara station on foot.
- Comfort Hotel Nara: Single; 3 min. walk from JR Nara station.
- Hotel Asyl Nara Annex: Twin (double occupancy); Free shuttle bus services are available from JR/Kintetsu Nara station.
View ICFP2016 locations and hotels in a larger map.
For extra information or comments on this page, please send mail to
icfp-local at researchr.org.